Some common ant invaders in our area include:
- Odorous house ants: These small ants get their name from the unpleasant odor they emit when squished or stepped on. They come inside looking for sugary foods and quickly begin to build a colony. Odorous house ant colonies can have 10,000 ants or more, and their colonies get bigger the longer you wait to call for ant control.
- Pavement ants: Often found in sidewalk cracks, these little black ants live in concrete sidewalks and foundation slabs. While they don’t cause severe damage, they can widen cracks in concrete.
- Fire ants: In the yard, fire ant nests look like little dirt mounds, and the colonies can become very large. If you step on them, they bite in unison, causing pain, swelling, and itching. Some people are allergic to their bites.
- Carpenter ants: These large ants can be about a half inch long and tend to burrow into wood structures to build a colony. In addition to seeing the ants, you may notice small bits of sawdust near wood in the house.
Effective ant control requires knowledge and the right products and treatment methods. The process starts with your pest control technician inspecting your property to identify the type of ants and find the places where they are colonizing. Based on this information, a plan can be designed to exterminate the pests. This may include baiting, direct colony treatment, and sealing off cracks. Once the pests have been treated, you can take steps to prevent them from coming back.
Follow these simple tips to keep ants away:
- Seal any small holes and cracks where ants are getting in
- Remove potential food sources by sealing up food
- Clean up spills right away and take out the garbage
- Use garbage cans with tight lids
- Pick up pet food bowls after they are finished eating
- Remove wood piles from your property
- Store firewood away from the house
Regular pest control treatments can help prevent reinfestation and provide a lasting solution to your ant problem. Your pest control specialist can recommend the most effective methods for getting rid of the ants that have invaded your property and provide additional tips about avoiding reinfestation.
Give us a call today at (770) 212-9104 to get rid of ants and keep them away from your property.
Over 20 Years of Experience
For years, our team at Centurion Pest Management has been providing top notch customer service, the best products, and the most up to date methods.
Your Satisfaction is Our #1 Priority
Our goal is to provide you with the best protection for your home or place of business, while leaving the smallest footprint behind.
Trained and Certified Team
Our licensed exterminators go through our extensive training program to ensure our team is knowledgeable when it comes to safely and effectively remedying pest issues.
Dealing with pests can be extremely frustrating, but our Newnan ant control technicians have the best products and extensive experience to solve your ant problem. We can handle even the toughest cases that other companies cannot eradicate.
I can highly recommend Centurion Pest Control after having been a customer for approximately a year. They always arrive when they say they will, and they are sure to promptly handle pest related issues if they arise between scheduled visits. In addition to quality service you are also getting quality employees. They know their industry and are happy to educate their customers on the services they provide and how to minimize pest related issues. Love working with them.Trisha S.