- American cockroaches: Also known as palmetto bugs, American cockroaches are often found in trees, vegetation, and sewers. American cockroaches tend to live outdoors but may come inside looking for food and water.
- German cockroaches: The German cockroach depends on humans for food and tends to be found around food sources, such as in residential and commercial kitchens and food prep areas. German cockroaches breed extremely fast and can go without food for long periods of time.
- Smokey brown cockroaches: These cockroaches are often found in attics and wall voids. They tend to come inside when the temperature gets chilly, in search of warmth and food sources.
Once inside, cockroaches breed quickly, and infestations can get out of control when not discovered early. Eliminating cockroaches can be extremely challenging, and the most effective cockroach control methods depend on the type of roach and where they are nesting. Professional cockroach control is the most effective way to eradicate these pests.
Follow these tips for keeping roaches away:
- Use good cleaning habits
- Store food in sealed containers
- Take the garbage out regularly
- Trim bushes and trees away from the building
- Move firewood away from the house
- Clean up debris piles
- Seal up holes and cracks that let roaches in
- Check items brought into the house, since roaches are great hitchhikers
Each property is unique and has specific features that may be attracting cockroaches. A licensed and experienced pest control specialist can provide the most efficient and targeted treatment for your roach problem and evaluate your property to find things that may be attracting roaches. Your pest control technician will treat your property and make recommendations for ways you can reduce cockroach activity.
Understanding the Dangers of Cockroach Infestations
While cockroaches are often considered a nuisance pest, they can pose serious risks to your health and home. Cockroaches can carry bacteria and pathogens that can cause food poisoning, allergies, and asthma. Additionally, their droppings and shed skin can trigger respiratory issues and worsen existing conditions.
Cockroaches can also cause extensive damage to your property. They are known for chewing on organic materials such as paper, cardboard, and fabrics. If left unchecked, a cockroach infestation can lead to costly repairs and replacements.
At Centurion Pest Management Company, our professional cockroach control services are designed to safely and effectively eliminate cockroach infestations in your home. Our team is equipped with the latest tools and techniques to identify, treat, and prevent cockroach problems. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and protect your home and family from the dangers of cockroach infestations.
Reach out to the pros at Centurion Pest Management today at (770) 212-9104 for help with cockroaches in your home or commercial building.
Over 20 Years of Experience
For years, our team at Centurion Pest Management has been providing top notch customer service, the best products, and the most up to date methods.
Your Satisfaction is Our #1 Priority
Our goal is to provide you with the best protection for your home or place of business, while leaving the smallest footprint behind.
Trained and Certified Team
Our licensed exterminators go through our extensive training program to ensure our team is knowledgeable when it comes to safely and effectively remedying pest issues.
Our technicians use a variety of effective products for cockroach control in Newnan and the Atlanta metro area, including dusts, baits, granules, and aerosols. We start with a careful inspection of your property to determine the type of roaches that have made themselves at home and find the places where they are breeding. This allows us to develop a customized plan that will get rid of the cockroaches and keep them out.
I can highly recommend Centurion Pest Control after having been a customer for approximately a year. They always arrive when they say they will, and they are sure to promptly handle pest related issues if they arise between scheduled visits. In addition to quality service you are also getting quality employees. They know their industry and are happy to educate their customers on the services they provide and how to minimize pest related issues. Love working with them.Trisha S.